Recap of Singapore FinTech Festival 2018 - ASEAN Fintech Opportunities
Singapore FinTech Festival 2019 will be held on 11th-15th Nov.
It will be week long festival featuring FinTech Conference & Exhibition, FinTech Awards, Global FinTech Hackcelerator Demo Day, Global Investor Summit, and Innovation Lab Crawl.
You can know more about it from https://www.fintechfestival.sg/
In this series, we are curating the some of the most insightful content from the 2018 edition of Singapore FinTech Festival.
You can check out Singapore FinTech Festival YouTube Chanel for more videos.
ASEAN: Region of Opportunities
How the changing demographics in ASEAN will affect opportunities in the region.
Dr Amlan Roy, Senior Managing Director, SSGA London
The Big ASEAN Picture
There are currently more than 200 million youth aged 15-34 years old in ASEAN, many of whom are digital natives driving the region’s high level of internet and mobile penetration. This is also the largest-ever cohort of ASEAN youth and over the next decade, they will form the backbone of the region’s economies.
And yet many of them currently do not have access to banking services such as a bank account or credit card.
Hear insights on how a Bank, FinTech and Telco can collaborate to drive digital innovation and to engage and serve this group of mobile-first and mobile-only customers.
Moderator: Stefania Palma, Singapore Correspondent, Financial Times
- Arthur Lang, CEO International, Singtel
- Lee Li Meng, Chief Strategy Officer, Razer
- Dr Dennis Khoo, Head of Regional Digital Bank and Digital Banking, UOB
Building Synergies between FinTechs and Financial Institutions in ASEAN
Hear from the leaders of the top financial institutions in ASEAN share on strategies to collaborate with FinTechs to become more efficient, reduce costs, and serve customers’ needs better, while ensuring safety and soundness of the company is not compromised.
Moderator: Ivo Distelbrink, Executive Vice President, Head of APAC, First Data
- Chartsiri Sophonpanich, President, Bangkok Bank PCL
- Dr Justo A. Ortiz, Chairman of the Board, Union Bank of the Philippines
- Kamaludin Ahmad, Group CEO, Etiqa Life Insurance Berhad
ASEAN FinTech Leaders – Narrowing the Gaps
FinTechs are nimble, agile, and technology-driven. This allows them to deliver customer-centric solutions at a faster time-to-market and at lower costs, narrowing the gap for financial institutions’ offerings to their customers.
Moderator: Stephanie Magnus, Principal, Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow
- Kelvin Teo, Co-Founder & Director, Funding Societies | Modalku
- Ron Hose, Chief Executive Officer, Coins.ph
- Siew Yuen Tuck, Chief Executive Officer, Jirnexu
- Tanyapong Thamavaranukupt, President, Ascend Money Co. Ltd
Blockchain & Banks
Fireside chat with Ripple’s CEO Brad Garlinghouse and IMF’s Deputy General Counsel Ross Leckow in a far-reaching discussion on the opportunities that ASEAN financial institutions have to take advantage of blockchain technology within the region's unique regulatory frameworks. Learn the ins and outs of how this game-changing technology will change the world of global payments as we know it today.
- Brad Garlinghouse, Chief Executive Officer, Ripple
- Ross Leckow, Deputy General Counsel, International Monetary Fund
Tech Transformation for ASEAN: The rise of B2B Tech
Industry leaders’ perspective on the use of transformative technology in ASEAN, its opportunities, challenges, and risks.
Moderator: Nigel Lee, Operating Partner, Apis Partner
- Clara Lee, Head (Technology & Operations), RHB Singapore
- Benjamin Mah, Director (Digital Transformation), Oracle, Co-Founder & Investor, V-Key, Inc
- Damien Wong, Vice President and General Manager for Asian Growth Emerging Markets, Redha
Borderless FinTech and Ecosystems: The Global Community
FinTech solutions are borderless, so why not FinTech ecosystems? Hear perspectives from thought-leaders around the world and what they think about a truly “global FinTech ecosystem”.
Moderator: Sng Khai Lin, Co-founder and Chief Financial Officer, Fundnel and Women in FinTech Subcommittee, Singapore FinTech Association
- Alex Scandurra, Chief Executive Officer, Stone & Chalk
- Jorge Ruiz, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, FinConecta
- Nasir Zubairi, Chief Executive Officer, Luxembourg House of Financial Technology
- Natalie Ceeney, Chairman, Innovate Finance